How you feel about the world depends on how safe you feel in the world. If we don’t feel safe, we live in anxiety, depression, anger, sadness, manipulative tendencies, etc. If we don’t feel safe, we also slump our posture, suffer digestive issues, rashes, chronic pain, and migraines.
Safety, from the Smart Move Wellness perspective, is a little different than how you might think of safety. When we experience things that make us feel unsafe, the brain locks it in. We re-hardwire in a millisecond to keep ourselves from perceived danger. Over time, if we build and build and build feelings of lack of safety, our primary/lizard/first brain responds with causing discomfort. Sounds like a rabbit hole of fear! …Well, it can be!
At Smart Move, you remap your brain to erase safety concerns that are not genuine threats. Sitting at a desk can be stressful but that stress does not have to carry into everything else you do! Hiking can be dangerous but your leftover trauma from that tumble 3 years ago is a little excessive. Don’t you think? In order to bring ourselves to feel well, we must move well. Smart Move accomplishes wellness in 3 phases.
- Build kinesthetic sense through the parasympathetic nervous system
- Energetically link the chakras
- Meditate to get into the body
- Face the deeper pieces of yourself
- Learn how to move well by gaining interoceptive awarness
- Mobilize compacted joints
- Remap muscle and joint functions you forgot existed
- Regain proper breathing technique
- Calibrate the eyes to move together
- Calibrate the eyes and inner ear to move together
- Calibrate the eyes, inner ears and body movements
- Maintain movement patterns
Hit RESET on your wellness and let’s move well, to feel well.
Kiera Lucich is a neural integration specialist based in Salt Lake City, Utah. She’s the owner of Smart Move Wellness, a brain-based wellness company dedicated to educating and training people to heal chronic and trauma-associated pain. For more information visit smartmovewellness.com.