…affects more people than diabetes, cancer and heart disease combined…
You are not alone.
The amount of perspectives about why chronic pain exists and what we should about it is dizzying. One thing I know for sure, the little white pills should not be the end of the conversation. Fibromyalgia in particular is an elusive disease that affects more than 10 million people in the US and the numbers don’t seem to be slowing. So what can we do?
We can move our way to wellness.
Exercise is a proven activity for helping manage pain but what if we exercised in smarter ways that are specific for reducing pain? I introduce to you, Move Well: A therapeutic movement program for reducing chronic pain, and educating those who suffer on how to prevent future pain.
Without going into the deepest nitty gritty of it, reducing chronic pain can be done by rehabilitating the functionality of the nervous system. A poorly functioning nervous system, which includes your visual, vestibular, & proprioceptive systems, signals higher than average threat responses to the brain and pain is the brain’s first responder to threat signals. For more information on that, read this. Move Well rehabilitates the functionality of the nervous system, allowing you to perceive a less stressful and more honest perception of your environment on an unconscious level. This is not based in mind tricks. We will not be wishing the pain away. This practice is based on moving mindfully, moving well, and most importantly moving according to what your neurological weaknesses are with the trained eye of a professional.
Move Well guarantees the following:
– Semi-private (3-5) group structure
– Positive group support
– Affordable access to specific and professional movement therapy
– Proven exercises for reducing pain, stiffness, and fatigue
– Boosting physical & cognitive abilities and energy
– Educational foundation to continue pain relief beyond the class
– Empathetic instruction
– REDUCED CHRONIC PAIN
– 6 one-hour classes of semi-private therapeutic movement
– 1 free 30-minute one-on-one session with instructor
– Access to fribromyalgia-specific health services including nutrition, massage, and therapy
Is this class for you? Register at: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdXKRpqpYaOnvXu902qU8hXZB6h1ANrnNu4g9FVgvF2lt3tog/viewform?usp=sf_link